Are you fond of crafting? Do you want to convert your craftwork into eye-catching prints?
Sublimation printing allows you to turn your imaginations into reality. To buy separate Sublimation printers for printing can be quite expensive so here is a detailed discussion of how to convert an Epson Ecotank printer into a sublimation printer? With sublimation printing, you can craft awesome sublimation crafts while saving money!
Exciting Things About Sublimation Printing
One of the best things about sublimation is its permanence of it. HTV will not peel off of T-shirts and vinyl will not peel off from mugs with sublimation.
Sublimation products are all laid on one sheet of sublimation paper. No worrying about layering here! Keeping this in mind is key to succeeding with heat transfer. By investing in the right materials, you’ll be able to enjoy smooth, seamless heat transfers that produce crisp designs and vibrant results every time.
What is Epson EcoTank?
Epson Ecotank is a wonderful household printer that is capable of high-resolution prints and fulfils your needs with consistent quality. The speciality of this printer is that it doesn’t use any cartridges so you don’t need to buy expensive cartridges to run the printer.
How to convert Epson EcoTank printers into sublimation printers?
Supplies that are needed to convert Epson Printer into sublimation printer are as follows:
- Epson Ecotank Printer( all Epson models are compatible)
- Sublimation Ink set
- Printer paper
It is suggested to use a new printer with empty ink tanks for better results. However, you can use a used printer by flushing out the system of the printer, but this is time consuming and complicated process and there is no guarantee to get the desired results. Use the new Ecotank printer for best results that are empty and have never been filled before.
Setting up System
- Make sure your printer is plugged in.
- For language and location selection, follow the on-screen instructions.
- The printer will then repeat a sequence that involves loading papers and initializing specific settings.
- Print some documents so you can prime the ink cartridges inside of the printer. By doing so, you would be able to change the cartridges much more quickly and efficiently. Once you finish printing, immediately run some alignment tests with a utility that can measure both the width and length of each line present on your newly printed document. If there is any misalignment, follow the directions on how to fix it accordingly before going live with your product.
- You can now print your ideal designs on your printer
Sublimation printing has great potential and it is getting popular day by day. Fans of art will love this art form. Epson introduces a series of printers for artists who want to recreate their imaginations. Ecotank belongs to the new breed of printers with updated qualities of printing.